I often leave these until February because it offers more time to think up what I would hope to achieve. However, I have a head-start on this for 2023 as a result of a quieter christmas period. For the coming year I am wanting to do a few things:
- Clear my debt, this is already underway and I want to clear it by the end of the year.
- Learn a song or two on the chanter
- Flow states. Hopefully in art or in excercise.
- Camera. This feels achievable this year. The costs are lower than I had previously been aware of.
- Bird photography, I'd like to get some great photos of garden birds and maybe a few others.
- Read more of my increasing book pile, specifically those books relating to Gaels and their legacies.
- Gain greater knowledge of crofting and sustainable agricultural practices, both arable and pasturable.
I guess I should start with a review of the successes from my 2022 resolution.
A few good successes:
Conducted conversations in Gàidhlig, I was able to hold multiple conversations with multiple people. I am delighted by that!
Learning an instrument. I was given, kindly, a chanter to learn how to play that. So I have started learning!
Whilst not learning basic accounting, I have a greater handle on my finances, to the point I think this year can be a year where I am happy with them.
I am still trying to find a camera and/or telescope. I simply didn't have the funds to buy either in 2022 and I am hopeful I will in 2023! I have come across a small money-saving tip, which is to use CEX to get a 2nd hand camera in good condition for ~£100 less than other shops.
Creating greater opportunity to achieve flow states. I know how, I just need to create greater opportunity which feels attainable given I managed to enter them once or twice.