I feel dumb right now, especially after my post about what I've been doing with Neovim. While working on a personal project, I kept having complaints from Neovim about my file having mixed indentation, indents and unindents not aligning, etc. This project has now been worked on with both VS Code, Sublime, and Neovim. After struggling to manually rectify things one line at a time in Neovim, I eventually did the smart thing and took to the Internet where I learned that:

I can easily issue the command:

:set syntax=whitespace

To see what whitespace is comprised of tabs and which is comprised of spaces. If I've got Neovim set the way I want as far as tabs and spaces are concerned, I can then just issue:


To make everything match. I guess it's another “better later than never” scenario.