Working on Update to WriteAs.Net
I'm working on an update to the WriteAs.Net client/wrapper library. In a previous post I talked about adding caching to it before I release a new version. I ran into some road-blocks that derailed me. I ended up pushing it off to the side to focus my time somewhere else.
The two issues that I ran into were: figuring out what the cache key was going to be for the cached object and removing the oldest object in the cache. I now have solutions for those issues.
For the cache keys, I figured I could use the method name plus the parameter values.
For clearing out the oldest cached object, I decided to make use of a generic Queue collection that could accept the cache key values. Then I could just pop-off the oldest value from the Queue and use that to remove the associated object in the cache.
And so anyway, I should have the updated version of the client/wrapper library out soon. I just need to do some more testing on it.
Tags: #DotNet #WriteAs #WriteAsNet
Discuss... or leave a comment below.